Date and Nut Bars. ( Video Recipe)
When you look at these beautiful nut bars no wonder you think about having a coffee with it. Dates are always nicer as it is or even in a baked or even a savoury dish.
You can make them several days before or even can freeze to take when ever you needed. All you need is to thaw them a few hours or pop it in the microwave.
The secret of all the baked sweets is the quality of the ingredients that you are using and also the pattern of making with lots of love in it. Adding almonds in to the bars gives a nice crunchy bits in every bite as well as the taste. Instead of almonds you can use cashew, peanuts, walnuts, or macadamia.
You can always make them in a big batch and freeze, or wrap to give a friend or even adding less sugar for kids lunch boxes. Enjoy the video and feel free to contact me if you have a query.
I will be writing my recipes in point form to understand easily. Please watch the video to get the idea.
Makes…….About 20 long bars. (Depends on how you cut)
- 300g Dates
- 2 Eggs
- 225g Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2ts Bi carbonate of soda
- 225g Melted butter
- 100g Almonds
- 175g Dark brown sugar
- A few drops of vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Grease a slice or a lamingtons pan.
- Add one cup of water in to a pot.
- Next add the dates and the sugar. Boil about 2-3 min until it thickens.
- Add baking soda and mix well.
- Next add butter, salt & nuts.
- Whisk eggs in a seperate bowl.
- Add vanilla , flour & mix well.
- Lastly add the beaten eggs and stir well.
- Use a slice or a lamingtons pan to bake.