Meringues are mainly made of egg whites and sugar. You need to beat the eggs until stiff and then pipe in to the shape you wish. If you do not have a piping bag you still can do it with a spoon.
Add any flavour. Secret of baking meringue is to bake on a low heat for a long time. It gives this nice crusty outer cover and gooey middle. Thats the best meringue. You can store it for longer time in an air tight container or in freezer for months.
Ingredients for the recipe………
- 2 Egg whites
- 1/4 Tsp Cream of tartar or vinegar
- Pinch of Salt
- 15g Cocoa Powder
- A few drops of Vanilla
- 1/2 cup of Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Coffee
- Add egg white in to a bowl with sugar ,Vanilla and cream of tartar.
- Whisk well.
- Next add cocoa and coffee and whisk on high speed.
- When it hold the shape, take out and fill a piping bag with any large nozzle.
- Pipe on to a baking tray and bake about an hour.
- Cool on a wire rack.