When the Mangoes are in season I really like to use them in my baking and non baking recipes. Adding a lot gives colour as well as the taste.
The best way to buy a mango is to simply use your nose. A ripe fresh mango should have a fragrant tropical aroma that varies in intensity from very subtle to strong depending on the variety. A ripe mango will be firm and give slightly to the touch so avoid mangoes that are hard, very soft or bruised.
Ingredients for the recipe……..
- 2 Mangoes (1 for puree and 1 for decorations)
- 1 Orange juiced
- 250g Cream Cheese
- 1 pack cookies-250g
- 1 -2 tsp Gelatine powder
- 1 can condensed milk
- 75g Butter
- 3 Tblsp Water
- 1 Cup sugar (optional)
- Crush the cookies, add butter and press on to a pan and press well.
- Put the tray in fridge to set.
- Cream the cheese. Add condensed milk.
- Melt gelatine.
- Puree on e Mango.
- Add gelatine and the pureed mangoes to the cream cheese and mix well.
- Pour over the base.
- Leave in fridge to set.
- After put the sliced mango on top.