Roast paan is a very famous flat bread baked with coconut oil. The aroma of the coconut milk gives this bread a unique flavour. Its crusty outer side and gooey inside gives it a unique identity too.
Roast paan can be served with butter or jam or a coconut sambol or even a nice creamy or a hot curry.
Try this recipe and leave a comment.
- 500g Bread flour
- 10g Sugar
- 7g Salt
- 7g Yeast
- 2Tblsp coconut oil
- 200-250ml water
For the paste
- 2 tblsp coconut oil
- 2 tblsp flour
- Add flour, sugar yeast & salt in to a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add coconut oil and water to make a smooth dough.
- Knead 20 min.
- Leave the prepared dough to double in size.
- Make the paste by adding flour to coconut oil.
- When the dough is double in size cut the dough to equal size pieces.
- Make the bread as directed in the video and pack nicely. Leave to double in size.
- When doubled in size bake the bread for 20 min and take out. Seperate apply more flour and coconut oil mix and bake another 20 min or until golden brown on both sides.
- Leave on a wire rack to cool.