When fruits are in season I use them a lot for my desserts. Its cheaper to use the new season fruits than expensive imported fruits. Summer is the best time to get sweet and juicy Mangoes as well as the strawberries.
In this recipe you can use any kind of cookie for the base. Press the Base well and put in fridge several hours before to get the maximum results. Even the layers can be done after many hours to get set well.
Fort he Base
- 150g crushed cookies
- 25-75g Butter melted
For the Mango Layer
- 2 Mangoes ( 1 for puree and the other to decorate)
- 100g Sugar
- 2 Tblsp Orange Juice
- 150ml Whipping cream
- 250g Yoghurt
- 20g Gelatine Powder
- 1/4 Cup Cold water
For the Strawberry Layer
- 250g Fresh or Frozen Strawberries
- 25g Sugar
- 2Tblsp Orange Juice
- 100ml Whipping Cream
- 15g Gelatine powder
- 1/4 cup Water
- Add melted butter in to crushed cookies and Press in to pan or a tray. Leave to set in fridge.
- Add gelatine to a 1/4 cup water and soak few minutes. Then microwave it.
- Add chopped mangoes orange juice, sugar whipping cream in to a mixer and puree it. After add melted gelatine and yoghurt. Mix again.
- Pour the mix on to the set base and leave in fridge for 30 min one hour or over night.
- Next Puree the ingredients for the strawberry layer and pour over the top of the mango layer. Leave in fridge to set again.
- When ready take out from the pan and serve with ice cream or cream.