If you love baking and experimenting different types of dough try this strudel dough. You need to roll it to very thin pastry which will become very flaky and crusty after baking. This dough is very pliable . You can use it for savoury dishes too.
This dough has no yeast. If you do this dough and try this recipe you will never go for shop bought pastries.
For the strudel dough
- 375g All purpose flour
- 185 ml Luke warm water
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tsp vinegar
For the Filling
- 4 large Apples peeled & sliced
- Juice of half a lemon for stop browning apples
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon powder
- 100g Sultana
- 50g Sugar
- 50g Corn Starch/potato Starch/bread Crumbs
- Peel and slice the apples . Add lemon juice to stop browning.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well. Leave aside.
- Add bread flour olive oil , vinegar, salt with water mix and knead several minutes.
- Leave 10 minutes to rest.
- Roll the dough to a rectangular shape as shown in the video.
- Sprinkle the mixed apples and roll from one end to the other.
- Brush some butter and bake on 180c until golden brown on top.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar when cool.
- Serve with cream and ice cream.