Chicken bread is a very famous bread in Asia. The filling can be done in different ways. This filling is just an idea for you to follow. This is very simple to do. You can halve this recipe for a smaller batch.
I normally make a bigger batch and use in fridge for several days and freeze to take out when I want. when you freeze them make sure to thaw before. The other thing is it is best heated in oven to get the nice bread back to live.
Kneading is the most important part in baking. When you knead well it becomes more pliable to work as well as it improves the texture. If you are kneading by hand make sure to knead continuously more than 10 min to get this texture.
- 750g Bread flour
- 60g Margarine
- 10g Yeast
- 30g Sugar
- 8g Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 370ml Water
- Boiled and shredded 3 Chicken Breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Bunch Parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Several cloves garlic chopped or 1 tsp garlic powder
- Green Chillies (Optional)
- 2 Tblsp Plain flour
- 2 Tblsp Oil
- Add the bread flour, yeast, sugar salt, eggs and margarine in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Then add the water little by little and make a smooth dough.
- Leave in a greased bowl to double in size.
- Meanwhile make the filling.
- Add oil in to a pan and fry onion and garlic.
- Next add chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute.
- Add flour and cook again stirring continuously.
- Next add milk and cook well.
- After add chicken and cook until dry.
- Take the dough and cut according to the size you wish.
- Then roll and put the stuffing.
- Make as directed in video and leave to double in size.
- Then brush the top with eggs and bake on 180c about 30 min or until golden brown on top.
- Cool on a wire rack before storing.