My husband loves to have a piece of cake with his cup of tea or coffee all the time. With out making all the rich cakes I tried to make this cake in a big batch and slice and freeze in individual snack bags. So when ever you feel like having a slice all you need is to thaw or microwave for 30 seconds.
I use any kind of a front that’s available in my pantry. There are no such thing that you need to use what I used. Use what you have. All you need to follow is the measurements. If you are using two different types of fruits only count all and divide by two. Simple as that.
When the loaf is cool enough to handle slice and put them in individual snack bags and freeze them for future use. This lovely cake is good for tea as well as kids lunch boxes too.
If you want to do only one loaf please half the recipe. It works well.
- 250g dates
- 150g diced. Prunes
- 150g figs
- zest of one orange
- 150g apricots
- 50g mulberries
- juice of one orange
- 150ml dark tea
- 100g melted butter
- 200g brown sugar
- 450 gself raising flour
- 30g teff seeds
- 50g chia seeds
- 50g flax meal
- 3 Eggs
- Add all the fruits in to a bowl with hot tea mix well.Next add lemon zest & the orange juice and mix.
- Cover and leave to soak overnight.
- Add butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Add eggs and whisk again.
- Add teff,chia,and flaxmeal and flour.
- Next add the soaked fruit and mix well.
- put it into a loaf pan & bake on 150c about 11/2. Hours or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- cool on a wire rack before slicing.