Bread and cheese are always nice together. When you cook cheese in it it is much nicer. When you have a party or even for a change try this recipe. So simple and easy to make. The other thing is you can bake it the day before. This is a very goo recipe for freezing too.
Selecting cheese for this recipe …… when you want to bake a bread like this always go for hard cheese like cheddar, parmesan etc….
I wanted prove this quickly and put it in a warm oven. (Even the chefs make mistakes .. Hah ha) . When I took out the cheese melted. No worries after baking I got the results I was expecting.
- 400g Bread flour
- 150ml Milk
- 100ml Oil
- 15g Sugar
- 5g Salt
- 7g Yeast
For the Filling
- 60g Butter
- 2 Tblsp Garlic powder or finely chopped fresh garlic
- 100g Mixed cheese (Hard Cheese)
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 Tblsp Sour Cream
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Mix all the filling ingredients and leave aside.
- Add bread flour, oil, sugar, yeast and salt into a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Start adding milk little by little until it forms a smooth dough. (Do not add milk at once )
- Leave to double in size in a greased bowl in a warm place covering with a damp tea towel.
- When the dough is ready take out and punch down.
- Sprinkle some flour on a bench and roll to rectangular shape.
- Spread the cheese mix on top.
- Roll the dough to a log.
- Cut in to triangles as directed in the video.
- Leave to double in size.
- Brush with eggs and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake on 180c about 20-30 min or until golden brown on top.