Chocolate the most famous sweet in the world. You can do so any beautiful creation with chocolates. The main ingredient is cocoa. The cocoa fruits are produced throughout the year. It takes take 4 to 5 months to achieve the pod size, and then yet another month to ripen.The pulp of the fruit is edible, but it is not like Chocolate. It is yellow, slippery and sweet and a bit less dense than an apple and has a flavour of a mango and a lemon mixed together. I have tasted the cocoa a lot as a kid. As kids we didn’t know the value of the seed so we use to suck juice and threw the seed away. Now I know the value and the nutritional information about cocoa. I should have learnt that long time ago. Hmmm……
The Chocolate cakes comes in different ways. The one I have published is the easiest chocolate cake ever. No wonder why its called chocolate heaven cake. To make it more chocolaty you can do a beautiful chocolate ganache on top.
If you are wondering how to do this recipe with plain flour try my recipe video on how to make self raising flour from scratch. Click the link and it will take you there.
- 250ml Milk
- 225g Caster sugar
- 125g Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 30g Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 225g Self Raising flour.
- Add milk, sugar , butter and bicarbonate of soda in to a pot. Stir well.
- Put it on the stove stove. Reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Leave it to cool down.
- Meanwhile beat the three eggs.
- Add self raising flour to the cooled mixture (it should be lukewarm) and mix well.
- After add the beaten eggs and mix well..
- Line a baking tray (18cm) with baking paper and pour the mixture in.
- Bake on 170c about 40 min one hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Do a white or dark chocolate ganache.