- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 150g Caster Sugar
- Egg Whites
- 65g Butter
- 125ml Butter Milk
- Few drops of vanilla
- Beat the egg whites with few spoons of caster sugar until it comes to the soft peak.
- Transfer that to a seperate bowl.
- Add butter and sugar to the same bowl and whisk until pale and creamy.
- Add a few drops and vanilla and the flour and mix well.
- Add the beaten egg whites in to it. Fold it slowly.
- Pour the prepared batter into the tray.
- Bake on 180c about 30-40 min or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Do an icing or cream in the middle. Serve as a tea cake or as a dessert.