Salmon is rich in omega3 fatty acids and also proteins. Salmon can be cooked in different ways. Its a healthy option for quick and easy meal. Its has so many health benefits. Try cooking salmon in different ways.
I love pastry so this meal gives the crunchy crust out side while you get the flavourful middle. Adding spinach in to the salmon with creme fraiche gives a creamier taste to the salmon. When you serve a side salad too it becomes a full meal.
Ingredients ( Serves 4)
- 600g Salmon
- 4 Pastries
- 1 tub (200g) creme fraiche /sour cream/cream cheese
- 20g Butter
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 Bunch dill
- 3 Shallots
- 200g Spinach
- 1 egg for brushing the pastry
- Add the butter, Shallots, dill stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach , salt, & pepper and stir fry until dry.
- In a seperate bowl mix creme fraiche, dill, salt and pepper together.
- Lay the pastry on a tray or on the bench. Brush with eggs.
- Put salmon and spinach, and a tea spoon full creme fraiche. Spread.
- Cover with the pastry. Cut ends and seal the ends.
- Brush with eggs.
- Bake on 180c about 20 -30 min or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with a side salad and creme fraiche.