When I go to an Asian bakery at least if I am passing I try to buy something new. Then I eat bite by bite writing all the ingredients. Then i create the recipe…. Most of the time I success. Some times I fail. But I never give up. I create it after several attempts, then it is tastier than what I ate. This recipe is one of them. I never give a wrong recipe. that’s why I am slowly moving ahead.
Canned tuna is not tasty by itself unless you buy the flavoured or even flavour it by your self. I like to add a creamier taste to it always. It’s much better than the spicier taste. If you can use the fresh tuna that’s the best. Baking this bun is really easy. Always when you do baking you need to have the correct room temperature above at least 20. If not always the pre heat the oven to 30 celcius and switch off or reduce to 20 and leave the dough in the oven to rise. if you make the temperature high it will not work too.
When you try baking for the first time it might not be the perfect. But don’t giveup. Try again and again. Always practice makes it perfect. Then you will find baking is the easiest thing in the world. Instead of sesame you can add any kind of a seed or can omit with out a proble. Same as the spices and chillies in the recipe. If you have any query dont hesitate to contact me too. I really want to share my knowledge with all who likes baking. Bon Appetit!
In this recipe you can omit several if you dislike or have any allegies.
- 400g bread flour
- 60g sour cream/Curd
- 2tblsp Sesame seeds
- 7g yeast
- 1tsp Salt
- 60-75ml Milk
- 50ml oil
- 1tblsp Sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
For the filling
- 1 can Tuna ( squeeze water out)
- 2 Shallots sliced
- Salt And Pepper
- 3 Eggs
- Green chillies(Optional)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tblsp Mixed spice
- 1 Cup Cheese
- Chopped Spring onions
- 1/2 slab 125g Cream Cheese or sour cream
- Add the bread flour, sugar yeast, salt, baking powder, sesame seeds, sour cream in to a mixing bowl and mix well
- Add oil and milk next. Knead the dough well about 10 minutes.
- Leave the dough to double in size in a warm place.
- Add tuna, salt, Pepper, Garlic powder, onions, spring onions, Green chillies, eggs, cream cheese, with the spices to a mixing bowl. Mix well & leave aside.
- When the dough is double in size knead it again and cut the dough in to equal size pieces.
- Then roll each dough piece to a circle.
- Put the filling in the middle.
- Fold the ends as directed in the video.
- Leave on trays to double in size.
- When its double in size sprinkle cheese, brush with the eggs, Bake on 180c about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.