I got so many requests for savoury cakes. At that time , I couldn’t think about a recipe. I was thinking about it but I wanted a different look to that cake.
I always do a lot of window shopping. I was passing this bakery style cafe in a famous shopping centre and saw this egg stuffed cake. Firstly I thought it a slice. I read the note next to it. It was named as a vegetable and Egg cake. I didn’t want to buy it as it was so expensive and I haven’t had any appetite for a cake like that at that time too. But as usual I copied it in my head.
I started writing a recipe to give that look and a good taste. First time I failed. I did several changes and came out with this recipe. It melts in mouth and good to replace a meal or for lunch boxes with a sauce or even a chutney.
- 200g Self raising Flour
- 80g Butter
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tblsp Corn Flour
- 200g Sour Cream
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
For the Filling
- 4 Boiled Eggs Chopped
- 5 Spring Onions (Scallions) Chopped
- Pre heat oven to 180c and Line a 4×4 or 5×5 inch cake pan.
- Add egg, butter , sugar, Corn flour, and flour with the sour cream in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Prepare the ingredients for the filling and add all together and toss it or mix it.
- Put half of the batter in to the tray and add the eggs on top. C over with the other half of the batter and bake on 180c about 30-40 min or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.