Flat breads always can be done in different ways. This simple and easy recipe saves time doing individual serves. So easy to make. It has this creamy taste from all the cheese added. Sesame seeds gives an extra crunch with a different flavour that can take you to a dreamy world with every bite.
Instead of adding sesame seeds always poppy seeds, caraway seeds or nuts can be added to the topping. Parsley was my choice. Replace parsley with another herb or even spinach. Instead of green always add other grated vegetables to make it more attractive and also nutritious.
As a chef I always get idea from others. Don’t copy someones recipe. Try to invent things. Change it in a different way. If you cant find self raising flour in your country use the link next to it to make your own home made self raising flour from scratch.
If you like you can freeze several after making a big batch for future use. When you don’t have time to cook can thaw one and use it. Its a handy back up. when you freeze make sure to wrap well and seal well to prevent freezer burn and drying out.
For the dough
- 250g Self raising flour
- 1 Egg
- 150g Butter
- 250g Cottage cheese
- 1 tsp Sugar
For the Filling
- 200g Cottage cheese
- 1 Cup parsley or Spinach
- 1 Egg
- 1Tblsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Sour cream/yoghurt/curd
- Sesame Seeds
- Add flour, butter, egg, cottage cheese,& sugar in to a mixing bowl and knead 5 minutes.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile Mix the filling ingredients.
- After take the dough and cut in to half. Then take 1/4 of 1 piece and make one big piece and other is smaller.
- Roll the smaller piece to a circle. Put on to a baking tray.
- Put the filling in the middle.
- Roll the other piece a bit larger than the previous one.
- Cover the one on the tray with larger circle.
- Tuck ends and seal well as directed in the video.
- Wet with water and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Bake on 180-200c about 30 40 min.
- Serve hot with a condiment.