Banana cakes comes in different ways. This is a bit uncommon but very nice recipe. Really simple and easy to make too. Only thing is better using medium ripe bananas than using the over ripe to keep the beautiful chunks in it. Its so nice and beautiful when you cut it. You can freeze this cake up to 3 months with out a problem. When you freeze make sure to wrap them individually than wrapping the whole lot at once. That way you can thaw the amount as you go. Remember once thaw you cant freeze back.
Sour cream is not available in some countries. You can always use curd, greek style yoghurt, or natural yoghurt for this recipe with out a problem. I have done it using all of them and its always a success.
- 250g Self raising flour
- Few drops of Vanilla
- 2 large Bananas
- 100g Sugar
- 100g melted Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 90g Sour cream/curd/ Greek style yoghurt
- In to a mixing bowl add sugar eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. Whisk 2 minutes.
- Next add butter and whisk well.
- Reduce the speed and add flour and mix well.
- Peel bananas and slice them in to the batter.
- Use a spatula to mix the bananas in to the batter. (Please don’t get well ripe bananas. It should be medium)
- Pour in to a loaf pan.. Bake on 180C about 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan about 10 minutes before taking out to keep the cake moist. Then cool on a wire rack.