Sugar cookies or croissant cookies are so crunchy and sweet. So simple to make too. The sour cream in the cookies gives it a bit more creamier and almost a very different taste too. When you bake them a bit longer it gives that beautiful colour as the crunch.
When I did this recipe I haven’t had any crystal sugar. If you add some crystal sugar to that the look is totally different. And also it gives a more crunchier texture too.
I used to do these cookies for special afternoon teas. Needs a few ingredients to make it a so special treat that every one loves. Ones I make with baking chocolate sticks and can add Nutella too.
- 100g Self raising Flour
- 50g Sour Cream
- 50g Butter
- 30g Sugar
- 30g Sugar for Dipping the cookies
- Add self raising flour, sour cream, butter and sugar in to mixing bowl and mix well.
- Knead about 5 minutes and leave the dough to rest about 15-30 minutes.
- After take the dough out and knead with a bit of flour as it is very sticky.
- Cut the dough to two equal parts.
- Make them to balls. Flatten each ball to a circle.
- Cut each circle to 8 equal parts as described in the video. Roll each triangle like a croissant. If you like can brush with eggs and sprinkle sugar on top. And then roll.
- After brush the rolled dough with eggs and dip in sugar.
- Leave on a baking tray and bake on 180c about 10- 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.