Rainbow or ribbon rice is really simple and easy dish to do. It attracts kids with all the beautiful colours. Those who says no to veggies will eat this with out a word.I used to do these when my kids were little. Still they love this.Kids only look at the colours and the taste. But you can feed them a nutritious meal all in one.
With adding a cream or other things you can keep them for 3 days. mix them when want and mix to the rice. Even you can do sandwiches with this .
Instead of a mould you can use a cup or small glasses. This is good for a special lunch or an occasion or even for the lunch boxes.
Make sure not to over cook the spinach.Boil carrots and beetroot a day before to avoid lots of work at once. The left overs can be used in salads too.
- Cooked Rice
- Boiled carrots
- Boiled beetroot
- Whipping/thickened cream
- Parmesan or cheddar cheese (Optional)
- Salt & pepper
- Cook the rice with butter or olive oil. (It give s a nice texture and helps to separate grains easily)
- Boil carrot and beetroot.
- Stir fry spinach with butter
- Separate rice in to 4 bowls.
- Blend together carrot, cream, butter and a bit of herbs.
- Blend beetroot the same way.
- Blend spinach.
- Mix in to rice separately and leave one plain.
- Take a mould and fill equally with different colours.