Croatian wafer cake/slice or oblatne is a very delicious good looking slice that you can try easily with out a mistake. This is a no bake recipe. I added almonds, pistachio to condensed milk to give more flavours. Any nut will do. Most recipes call for walnuts. brandy is optional. Add vanilla only. Instead of chocolates can add cocoa powder to condensed milk too.
Butter and condensed milk together with brandy gives this a very rich flavour. Always leave in fridge. So it stays nice and steady.
I always freeze the left overs for future use. Use snack bags to freeze. So you can always grab small quantities out to thaw. Once thawed don’t freeze again. Leave in fridge until you finish.
If you are planning this for a party always can do several days before. Store in an air tight container to protect the freshness and the quality.
- 1 pack wafers
- 1 can condensed milk
- 250g Ground almond
- 150g Crushed Pistachio
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Brandy
- 350g Chocolate melts
- 250g Butter
- Add condensed milk, chocolate, butter & vanilla in to a pot and dissolve everything on the stove.
- Add brandy, Pistachio, and mix well.
- Next add almonds and mix well add a bit by bit until it thicken enough to spread.
- Spread on the wafer. Then leave another and spread.
- After layering put the last one on top. Press well or leave a weight on top.
- Put in fridge.
- After well set cut in to squares.
- Serve with a coffee.