This chocolate cake is the most beautiful chocolate cake ever. So easy to make and its really comes well with a well flatten top to cut for layers.All you need is to cut the layer and fill with out worrying about cutting ends to flatten it.
This cake might look complicated but I have written very clearly with short description for easy understanding. When you do the sugar syrup you don’t need to add any alcohol at all. you can use only water.It give s a flavour to the cake to add more richness. If you are doing this for a kid omit it totally. Remember alcohol evaporates when cooking.
When you are doing the cake it can vary from my recipe. First measure eggs with the shells. Add same amount of flour, sugar and butter in to it. When you add cocoa take 50g flour out and add 50g cocoa in to it. That way still its the same amount as eggs.
Make syrup early and you can store in fridge. The cream layer the same. Do the ganache after spreading on cream and leave the ganache in fridge too.
You can do this cake and leave in fridge 3-4 days and freeze it about 3 months.Take out and leave in fridge to thaw.
The tray I am using is a deep one . If you haven’t got any try using the 2 or 3 same size trays. I have linked how to make self raising flour if you cant find any.
For the cake
- 340g Eggs
- 290g Self raising flour
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 340g Sugar
- 340g Butter
For the Filling
- 500ml Cream
- 200g Condensed Milk
- 40g Cocoa
For the sugar syrup
- 100g Sugar
- 40ml Rum/Brandy (Optional)
- 100ml Water
For the Ganache
- 250g Dark chocolate
- 150ml Cream
- Please read all what I have written on top first to get a clear idea.
- Line a deep tray (20cm) with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Add sugar and butter in to a mixing bowl and whisk well.
- After add eggs and vanilla.. Whisk well. (Until Pale in colour)
- After sift cocoa and self raising flour in to the bowl and mix on speed one.
- Pour on to the tray and bake on180c about 40 minutes – 1 hour.
- Leave the cake in tray and later transfer on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the sugar syrup by adding sugar and rum and water. Bring to boil and simmer several minutes. After take out and leave to cool down.
- When the cake is cool cut in to 3 layers.
- Make the ganache by adding hot cream to chocolate and then leave in fridge to set.
- Whip condensed milk cocoa and cream and leave in fridge until you are ready
- Apply sugar syrup on each sliced layer of the cake.
- Spread the whipped cream.
- Continue with last layer and put the cream on top and leave in fridge to set.
- Add the left over cream in to a piping bag and leave in fridge.
- Take the set cake and pour the chocolate over and use a spatula to cover around the cake and leave in fridge to set again.
- After pipe the left over chocolate cream on top.
- Make sure to leave in fridge.