Date is one of my favourite. I do use dates in my baking a lot. I got so many requests asking for date cup cakes and thought of doing it for them. After baking I had a cup of tea with that so nice and beautiful, fluffy little cakes. its really nice with out any icing or sauces. Just enough sugar for my taste. But if you like your cup cakes to be very sweet try adding a bit more sugar.
Dates are rich in fibre and lots of vitamins and minerals. If you can buy fresh dates thats the best.Its very nice in cakes and all other sweets.
Mixing bicarbonate of soda make this cake soft and fluffy. you can add few more grams of extra dates for this recipe too.
Cann leave this cake about a week out side in air tight container or can freeze about 3-6 months.
- 200g Dates
- 75ml water
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 50g Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 100g Self raising flour
- 50g Butter
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Add the dates in to a pot with water. Bring it to boil. Add bicarbonate of soda in to it. Stir and leave aside.
- Next add sugar and butter and mix well.
- Add eggs and whisk well.
- Add flour on a low speed and mix well.
- After add vanilla and dates and whisk until it breaks the dates.
- Pour in to muffin holes.
- Bake on 170c about 20-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.