Flat breads or wraps are very simple and easy to make. I always use this simple recipe to make wraps with whole meal flour. If you use wholemeal flour only thing is you will need extra water for kneading.
Try adding different ingredients to the dough to make it healthy as possible. I use the kibble mix or even soy and linseed, sesame, wheat germ or flax meal. While you are enjoying a healthy wrap gets lots of fibre and nutritions too.
Leaving the dough to rest helps to make nice and even wraps. Rolling becomes much easier too. You can add any oil to your choice. i like using coconut and olive oil always to get the benefits.
My mum used to add some green leaves to it to make the flat breads more healthy. Filling can be done according to your personal choice. If you like meal or fish can add them while vegetarians can have options like tofu or pickled vegetables with the fresh veggies. Even this bread can be used with dips or curried to dunk in.
You need to be near the solve all the time. I have a friend who uses her sandwich press to make square or rectangular roti as she is so lazy to stand near the stove. 😀 Isn’t that a clever idea. 😀
- 259g Plain flour
- 130ml water
- 35ml oil
- Add flour, salt, oil and mix well adding water.
- knead 2-3 minutes.
- Leave to rest.(about 15 minutes)
- Make balls and leave again to rest about 5-10 minutes.
- Take one out flatten as thinner as you can.
- Put it on a hot pan and cook both sides. Apply oil for crispier breads.
- Fill with salt if you are vegetarian and add meat or fish as you wish.