Easter is very close. Kids love to have sweets during that time. As mums we try to please them in many ways. Easter eggs are all over the shelves in supermarkets. Try this recipe with your beautiful kids during school holidays. So simple and easy to make. Sugar cookies are always nice with out any icing too.
If you want to give away wrap them nicely in cellophane and tie with a ribbon. As these takes no time making try for school markets or even functions. Once in a while I make a big batch of cookies and put them in an air tight container for my family. I love the cookie with a banana. Try once you will love it.
For the cookies
- 200g Self raising flour
- 125g Butter
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Easter Eggs
For the Icing……
- 400g Icing sugar
- Few drops of water
- Food Colouring
- Add the flour, sugar, egg and vanilla into a mixing bowl and mix well.
- While mixing add the softened butter and mix until it combines all together.
- After take about a tea spoon full mix and make balls and flatten it.
- Put them on a baking tray.
- Bake on 180c about 10-15 minutes.
- Leave them on a wire rack to cool.
- Make the icing by adding icing and colouring. Add water drop by drop.
- Put them on the cookies.
- Leave several Easter eggs on top.