Strawberries are always available in markets these days. Its not very expensive to buy either. So when you have time try this beautiful cake with or with out coconut milk. Coconut milk can be poured warm or called. Can freeze this cake for future use or leave in fridge about 2 days with out a problem.
Instead of using strawberries you can use mango, pineapple, banana, raspberries, or any other kind of a flavourful fruit. Make sure to use the same flavoured jelly with the fruit you select.
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 125g Butter
- 210g Self raising flour
- 1/2(125g) cup strawberry puree
- Few drops of vanilla
- 125ml coconut milk
- 2 Eggs
- 40g strawberry flavoured gelatine
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Line 6×6 inch baking tray with baking paper.
- Add Sugar and butter in to a mixing bowl. Whisk 2 minutes.
- Next add the gelatine and eggs and keep on mixing for 2 minutes.
- After add flour , coconut milk, vanilla, strawberry puree and mix on a low speed.
- Pour in to the prepared cake tray and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Pour the coconut milk over the hot cake after poking the cake and leave to absorb the syrup.
- Serve with cream or ice cream.