This is the best ever coconut cake that I have come across. So Simple to make and comes very nice and moist too. I used to do this cake for special afternoon teas and functions.If you like a bit of icing on top I would suggest simple butter cream with a bit of coconut flavour and coconut flakes or curls on top. You can always colour the coconut or lightly roast them for colour and taste.
Make sure to cool on a wire rack completely before cutting. You can freeze this cake for future use too. Enjoy Baking!
- 11/2 cups Self raising Flour
- 50g Desiccated coconut
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 1 cup Of Sugar
- 125g Butter
- A drop of coconut essence or coconut extract
- 2 Eggs
- 350 ml Sour Cream
- Cream butter and sugar about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one by one and beat well.
- Add coconut, milk, flour and sour cream and mix well.Add a drop of coconut essence and mix well.
- Transfer the mix in to a 8×8 inch baking tray & bake on 180c about 45-50 min.
- After transfer on to wire racks & leave to cool.