Making bread is an art. Once you know how to make bread you can create anything. I do bake bread for my family at least once a week. I like making soft and crusty bread. I find making soft bread makes you happy with beautiful textures and also it shows you the road to many other recipes that you can create with the same dough.
When making bread if you can use bread flour it gives a nice texture to the bread because of the gluten level it holds. If you can find gluten separately you can add that to the plain or all purpose flour to make the same bread with the same texture.
The secret of the soft bread depends on how long you knead the bread continuously. It helps activate the gluten content in bread. When you make make sure to check your yeast by add ing a bit of yeast and sugar together to 1/4 cup of warm water. If you leave it out in room temperature it forms up. if not the yeast is dead or expired. If you are not a daily baker always check for the expiry date of the yeast. The other thing is never add salt and sugar close to each other. So always use them in two corners of the mixing bowl before mixing.
If you have any questions about baking please feel free to leave a comment. Happy baking!
- 290g Bread flour
- 5g Salt
- 25g Sugar
- 5g Instant Dry yeast
- 30g Butter
- 25g Eggs and leave the rest for brushing the tops
- 150ml Milk
- Add flour , yeast, sugar, egg,& salt in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Next add milk and make a smooth dough and add butter. Knead for 25 min.
- Leave the prepared dough in a greased bowl in a warm place until double in size.
- When the dough is ready put on to the bench and punch down, then cut the dough in to equal size pieces.
- Roll each piece in a ball pressing in wards (Watch video).
- Leave to double in size.
- When ready brush the tops with eggs and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top and bake 15-20 min or until golden brown on top.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Can store in freezer for months.