I have done so many ways of doing date cakes. This is one of them. This can be used as a cake it self or even as a dessert. dates are are less expensive and rich in lots of nutrients. You can always serve this for dessert after pouring a bit of caramel sauce or even with cream.
When I have dates I do a big batch of them and freeze in individual snack bags. Even you can serve them with a coffee for an unexpected visitor. When buying dates its best to use fresh ones. Dried dates should be bright in colour.
Cooking dates makes it so soft and mushy to a texture which is ideal for a cake. It makes the cake very soft and moist too. All you need to do is to mix everything in the same pot and pour it to a tray. Hope you will enjoy!
Rich & Moist Date Cake
- 600g Dates
- 160ml Cold water
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 11/2 Cups self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarb
- 100g Brown sugar
- 125g Butter
- Add dates, water and brown sugar in to a pot and bring it to the boil.
- Take out and add butter and bicarb and mix well. Leave to cool.
- Next add eggs into a mixing bowl and beat well. Next add the flour and dates and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in to a 9×9 inch baking tray and bake on 180c about 45 min.
- Leave on wire racks to cool completely.
- You can freeze this cake too.