Breakfast is always a quick one for me all the week days. When i have time I like to something nice and nutritious for my family. These little breads are one of them. It takes five minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to bake. So all ready in less than 30 minutes. These can be done days ahead for brunch or for snacking or even for kids to have after school. Even these are nice and cute for a lunch box. The left overs can be kept for the next day with out a problem.
When you use spinach in this make sure to squeeze them finely as spinach holds a lot of water and it can make the bread go soggy. You can add bacon or ham too in it.
Adding sour cream or curd or even yoghurt gives it a rich creaminess as well ass increase the nutrition value.
I added cheese on top of the spinach to prevent it from burning when baking. But in the video I forgot to show that part. The number of the muffins depends on the size of the baking dishes that you are using. I made 8 large breads out from this recipe.
- 160g Self raising flour
- 2 Eggs
- 100ml Milk
- 80g Sour cream/ curd/ yoghurt.
- 30g melted butter
- 70g Cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Chopped squeezed spinach
- Several Eggs
- Add self raising flour, salt, baking powder, sour cream, melted butter, eggs and milk and stir well.
- Add half of the cheese in.
- Fill half of the moulds with the batter.
- Crack an egg in to the middle.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Put the spinach on top.
- Sprinkle the left over cheese and bake on 180c about 10-15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack or serve hot.