French breads always nice and crusty. Making French Bread is really simple and easy. All you need is patience. Adding sesame, specially the black sesame gives this bread a very good look as well as a nice flavour.
I have tried this bread more than 20 times as bread rolls and as bread too. You can make one whole loaf instead of making rolls. instead of sesame try adding poppy seeds, caraway seeds or even dried mixed herbs to give addition al flavour as well as fusion baking. Once I made this with sliced olives which completely gave a different flavour.
If you like crusty bread try this recipe and you will be amazed to see the results. Spraying olive oil on top of the bun with out egg washing makes these buns very glossy rich look.
- 300g Bread flour
- 100g Whole wheat flour
- 260ml Warm water
- Olive oil for brushing or spraying on the top of the bun
- 4g Salt
- 6g Instant Dry Yeast
- 50g Black sesame seeds
- 20g Caster Sugar
- Add both flours, Salt,yeast and sugar in to a mixing bowl.
- Start mixing it until it makes a smooth dough and knead about 10min.
- Next add sesame seeds. (When I was doing the video the camera battery went flat)
- Mix few more min
- Leave the prepared dough in a warm place to double in size.
- When the dough is ready add flour to the bench and put the dough and punch down.
- Cut the dough in to equal size pieces and roll as directed in the video.
- Leave to double in size.
- When ready cut the top and spray olive oil and bake on 200c about 20 min or until golden brown on top.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Can freeze or leave in fridge.