I really enjoy baking. So I have left Sunday for my baking day.If I share a recipe I guarantee it 100% . All these recipes are better than shop bought. Asian style buns are always softer and fluffy. The water roux makes the difference. Some believe in the water roux needs resting. For me I use it after several minutes. It works like a magic.
I always believe the kneading process as the key to soft and moist bread or rolls. Kneading makes the gluten to activate. So at least knead the dough more than 15 minutes to get a soft dough.
Instead of this filling you can use anything. Instead of Strasberg use shaved ham. Cheese slices can replaced with shredded cheese. The sun dried or semidried tomatoes needs to be on paper towels several minutes to remove extra water or the oil. The flavours always adjust with your liking. Even you can totally change the filling ingredients. Make sure what ever you add in should be dry. So it will not release any water when baking. If it does the buns will be soggy and wet.
Ingredients for the roux
- 150g Bread flour
- 150mlBoiling water
Ingredients for the buns
- 250ml water
- 12g Instant Dry Yeast
- 20g Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 10g Salt
- 90g Butter
- 100g Plain flour
- 500g Bread flour
Ingredients for the filling
- Strasberg or sliced ham
- Cheese slices or shredded
- Mustard or any flavour
- Sundried /semi dried tomatoes
- Add the bread flour and the prepared roux in to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- After add salt, eggs, plain flour and yeast and mix well.
- Next add water and little by little until it comes to a soft dough and add butter.
- So knead the dough for 20 minutes and leave in a warm place to double in size.
- After take the dough out and knead several minutes on the bench top adding a bit extra flour.
- After Cut the kneaded dough in to equal size pieces.
- Roll and put the meat, cheese and seasoning into it.
- Roll well. And leave on a baking tray to double in size.
- When doubled brush the tops with eggs and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Bake on 180c about 20 – 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Cool on a wire rack.