Sometimes I feel that we are working like machines from morning to night. I know its not only me we all are. What we were used to do before , I mean when we are kids is no more easy. So we all like to find short cuts or simple ways. I try to share simple recipes most of the time. This is one of them. So simple and easy to make. It looks very colourful and taste nice too.
When you crush the cookies for this recipe ,make sure to crush finely. So there are no lumps and it sets well too. The flavour of the cherries are so nice in this but I find the colour is not enough. So I added red food colouring or even pink. If you love your sweets very sweet try adding a bit more sugar. if you find the slice is not dry enough always add a bit more coconut. It will set it properly.
The slice can be kept in fridge about 2 weeks in fridge, You freeze them in snack bags to take them when ever you want. The advantage is you can make them a day or two before to please a crowd. Enjoy!
- 150g Plain Cookies
- 200g Glazed Red Cherries
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 130g Desiccated coconut
- 1/2 can Condensed Milk
- Red Food Colouring
- 180g Chocolate
- 20g Butter
- Once set, Melt the chocolate with butter and pour on top of the slice and put it back in to the fridge.
- Add desiccated coconut, vanilla, butter, cherries and red food colouring in to the crushed cookies.
- Process the cookies until crumbles.
- Mix well and press in to a baking tray or any kind of a tray. Leave in fridge.
- Cut in to squares and leave in an air tight container in the fridge.