quinoa is a superfood. It is gluten free . It is a high protein vegetable that is becoming very famous all over the world. Some replace rice with quinoa. it is high in omega 3 and lots of other nutrition & 9 different types of amino acids.
When you cook quinoa make sure you to wash well. I normally do several times. After add stock or water. I find when you add stock water it tastes beautiful. It’s alright with water with a bit of butter. Anyway that’s my personal choice. Always add 11/2 cups of water for each cup of water.So it cooks light and fluffy. I bring the quinoa to boil on high heat and then I reduce the heat to low cover and cook for fifteen to twenty minutes.
when I have time I always extra quinoa and leave in fridge for several days. So you can quickly assemble the cooked quinoa as a salad when you are busy or can make quinoa omelette or even patties. I have done some videos and I will link them. You can cook a big amount of this dish and freeze in individual containers for future use. This recipe is really good for freezing.
- 3 small cups quinoa
- 41/2 water or stock water
- Butter or olive oil
- 250g Chicken tenderloins (Optional)
- 1 Yellow and red capsicum
- 1 carrot
- 100g Beans
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 Tsp cumin powder
- 1 large onion chopped
- Several cloves of garlic chopped
- Several chilies sliced (Optional)
- Olive oil or butter for stir frying
- Salt and pepper
- Wash quinoa thoroughly and cook it until light and fluffy. (Please read the description on top)
- Use a fork to fluff the quinoa.
- Cut the Vegetables and prepare all the other ingredients.
- Add oil in to a pot or a pan.
- When the oil is hot add the onions, garlic and chillies .
- Fry until the onions are translucent.
- Next add the hard vegies and cook about a minute. Do not over cook the vegetables.
- Next add all the other ingredients and the cooked quinoa and stir fry well.
- Serve hot with a chutney or pickle or as it is.