Challah bread is a very easy to make bread. The dough of this bread is very rich and tasty. You don’t need much early preparation to make this bread. This bread can be done in two different ways. One is to make for using with savoury fillings and other is to use as a sweet bread. Add more sugar for the bread to make it more sweeter.
Always continuous kneading makes this bread so soft and moist. So make sure to knead well. When braiding the bread make sure do it a bit looser. So it helps the bread to prove and expand well. You can do braids in 3, 4 5, or six. From this dough you can one loaf with six strips. Its up to you.
This bread can be used to make French toast. Slice thinly and lay them on baking trays and bake on moderate few minutes and turn. You will be amazed to see the beautiful french toast that you can create from this lovely bread.
- 420g Bread flour
- 10g Salt
- 9g Instant dry yeast
- 20g Sugar
- 25g Honey
- 60ml Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 120-150ml water
- Add flour, salt, yeast, sugar, honey in to a mixing bowl and start mixing.
- While mixing add the eggs and the oil.
- Mix well for several minutes and start adding the water.
- Always make sure to add the water little by little.
- Knead at least 15-20 minutes.
- Grease a bowl and a put the prepared dough in a warm place to double in size.
- When the dough is doubled in size cut the dough in to 2 and flatten each piece to squares.
- After cut each square in to four length ways.
- Roll each piece.
- Press four of the pressed dough pieces together as directed in the video and make Braids.
- After leave them on a baking tray to double in size.
- When they are doubled in size brush with eggs and sprinkle some sesame or poppy seeds on top.
- Bake on 180c about 20-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Cool on a wire rack.