Avocados are always expensive. Instead always having a guacamole or in your sandwich or salad give it a different look and a taste. When avocados are in season or when you have over ripped avocados try this beautiful recipe. Its so easy to make and works like a charm. Even one avocado will do.
When you scoop the avocados make sure to add the green part . That gives this cake a unique colour.
Avocados are rich in lots of nutrients.It has lots of vitamin C, Believed to be good for the heart, good to maintain a healthy appetite, strong antioxidant level , lots of vitamin E and fibre. Thats some of them.
If you do not have polenta, don’t worry omit and add a bit more flour to that amount.
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 20g Corn Flour
- 120g Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Well ripped Avocado
- 50g Polenta
- Pinch of Salt
- 150g Softened Butter
- Pinch of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 100ml Milk
- Add butter and sugar in to a mixing bowl and mix until creamy.
- Add Eggs one by one and keep on mixing another few minutes.
- After add the vanilla in to the eggs and mix well.
- Scoop the avocado in to the eggs and butter mix and mix well.
- Mix bicarbonate of soda and baking powder in to the flour and sift once
- Add polenta next to the mixing bowl and while mixing add flour and mix well.
- Pour the mix into a prepared greased loaf pan.
- Bake on 180c about 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.