Doughnuts are always kids special. As mums we worry a lot giving fried food to the kids .Try this baked doughnut recipe and you will be amazed to see the results. They are better than the shop bought ones in shape, look and also the taste. You can do a larger batch and leave in freezer for future use. If you can cut them in to smaller circles that will be the best.
Adding sugar is the next thing. If you like it more or less you can always adjust it according to the taste.
When you want to check your yeast this method is the best. I am a continuous user of my yeast. If you are not baking bread always needs to check the yeast this way. When you add water to the dough make sure to add less as the egg and the water in yeast is there too.
- 350g Bread flour
- 9g Instant dry yeast
- 1tblsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsps. Warm water
- 1 Egg
- 100g Sugar
- 5g Salt
- 100ml Milk
- 30g Softened Butter
- Add the sugar warm water and yeast in to a mixing bowl and leave five minutes to activate.(Read the description.)
- Add the bread flour, salt sugar yeast, and mix well.
- While mixing add egg and milk. When you add milk make sure to add little by little.
- Knead well and leave in a warm place to double in size.
- Take the dough when ready and punch down and knead on a benchtop.
- After roll the dough and cut the doughnuts.
- Leave on a baking tray to double in size.
- When it is doubled brush with milk and bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolates according to the packet instructions . Dip the doughnuts in chocolate, leave on a wire rack to set.
- Can freeze for several months too.