Tiramisu is a beautifully layered Italian dessert, normally made with raw eggs in and as a custard. I did this with out eggs. One reason is it to give an idea for those who don’t consume eggs.
If you do not like to use liquor please don’t use any at all. Even this tastes beautiful with out eggs and liquor. Instead you can add pure vanilla paste to get more flavour.
All you need to remember is not to soak the cookies longer time. If you dip them longer it can break easily and will not get a nice layers like in my picture. When you leave it over night the flavours go through all the cookies and liquids get absorbed and becomes like at hick slice. I have friends who change the recipe and dip the cookies in drinking chocolate than in coffee. That way it gives a beautiful chocolate flavour to the slice.
Creativity is yours
- 250 Mascarpone
- 3 tbsps. Marsala/Rum (optional)
- 20g cocoa
- Savoiardi Sponge Finger
- 75g Sugar
- 300ml Coffee
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 300ml Whipping Cream
- Whip the cream with sugar until it reaches to the soft peak. Take out.
- In to the same bowl add the mascarpone cheese, vanilla, liquor, several spoons coffee and whisk several minutes.
- After add the whipped cream in to the mixing bowl. Mix well together.
- Dip the cookies in coffee.
- Spread a layer of mascarpone.
- Continue with several layers.
- Finally spread another layer of mascarpone and sprinkle some cocoa or grated chocolate.
- Leave in fridge overnight.
- Cut and serve with more cream or ice cream.