This is a baked bun instead of the steamed. The Chinese BBQ pork buns are very popular. This version is the same but I baked it. The buns are very soft and moist and also like cotton. So nice and simple to make. I do not eat pork much. To do this recipe I used pork as I got so many requests. I boiled the pork for easy cooking. If you are not a pork lover you can use chicken or any other kind of a meat with the same dough mixture.
- 420g Bread flour
- 200-220 ml warm water
- 5g Salt
- 1 Egg
- 10g Instant Yeast
- 10g Sugar
- 500g pork cooked pork
- 1 Tbsps. Flour
- Garlic and ginger sliced
- 1/2 of an onion
- 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- Add all the ingredients except water, butter and mix well. Add water bit by bit and make a smooth dough. (The water level always depends on the size of the egg and the water you add to the yeast mix)Then add butter and knead about 10-15 minutes.
- After leave in a warm place to double in size.
- Mean while cook the pork.
- Add about a table spoon full oil in to a pan. In to that add garlic ginger and onion and cook until soft.
- Add sesame oil , oyster sauce, soy sauce and cook one minute until it thickens.
- Next add flour and stir well. Add the pork and cook well. Leave it to cool down.
- When the dough is ready knead the dough well & divide the dough in to equal size pieces .
- After flatten each dough piece in to a round and put the meat in the middle and seal ends and using the palm with out giving pressure roll it on the bench.
- Put them on a baking tray to double in size.
- When doubled in size brush the tops with eggs sprinkle some sesame seeds on top and bake them on 180c about 20 min or until golden on top.
- Cool on a wire rack.