This loaf cake is copy cat of a banana and date loaf I recently had in an organic coffee shop. It was really nice and warm with lots of butter.Before serving make sure to warm it for 30 seconds in the microwave with some extra butter. The butter goes through the warm bread and gives a nice taste to it.
If you are after a healthy option try with out butter. I only used 75g butter for the whole loaf. I love this loaf with out any butter too. I love dates. These days fresh dates are available due to Ramadan season. I really want to use them in my recipes. So I am working on several more recipes. If you are a date lover wait for more uploads.
- 130g dates
- 70ml Boiling Water
- 75g Butter
- 240g Self Raising Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Well Ripped Bananas
- 70g Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Bi carbonate of Soda
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Prepare a 6x4inch loaf pan. (You can always halve this recipe)
- In to a pot add the dates and the butter and bring it to boil. After add 1/2 Tsp bicarbonate of soda and mix well and leave aside.
- Add banana, brown sugar, vanilla, & eggs and mix well about 2 minutes.
- After add the dates and mix well. (Its all right to use slightly cold dates or medium hot)
- Next add the flour and mix really well scraping down the ends.
- Add the cake mix in to the loaf pan about 30 min to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Use with butter or as it is.