Passionfruit is tropical fruit that contains lots of vitamins and minerals. Though it is sweet and tarty in flavour when you add in to sweets it gives the best flavour ever. Adding the seeds in to the dessert gives a beautiful look to a dessert too.
You can buy passion fruit as a pulp. But it contains a lot sugar. If you are mixing it in sweets make sure not to add lots of sugar. But if you are using fresh passionfruit make sure to add sugar. I used sweetened passionfruit in this recipe.
When selecting marshmallows for this recipe try buying one colour. Once I did with several colours and came out with another beautiful colour.
When you add the passionfruit on to the base and leave overnight it becomes softer and melt in the mouth. Make sure to put in fridge all the time and also you can cut and freeze the slice with out a problem.
For the Base
- 150g butter
- 60g Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 125g Plain flour
- 60g Self Raising flour
For the Topping
- 100g passionfruit pulp
- 200-250g Marshmallows
- 300ml Cream
- 50g Sugar
- 30ml Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Prepare a slice pan with a baking paper on for easy release.
- Add the butter, sugar, and vanilla in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- After add the flours and vanilla and mix well until all combines together.
- Press the dough and prick with a fork and bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile whip the cream and leave in the fridge.
- Next melt the marshmallows in a pot with all the other ingredients and leave to completely cool down,
- After add the marshmallows in to the whipped cream and mix well.
- Pour it on top of the cooled base and leave in fridge overnight.
- Cut according to the size that you like.
- Can freeze the left overs in individual bags.