When baking bread the whole house is full of smell like when you walk near a bakery. It refreshes everyones hunger. Kids are eagerly waiting to have a hot bread roll with butter. I cant stop eating the freshly baked hot bread.
Baking bread is very simple and easy. The only thing is getting it to the right consistency. Kneading the dough is the secret of making good bread.
When adding yoghurt and milk in bread it will make the dough softer. The size of the egg that you are using to make the bread makes a bit wet too. So adding extra flour until you reach the right consistency is not a problem at all. So feel free to add extra flour to make it happen.
- 115g bread flour
- 70g Butter
- 1 whole Egg
- 3g Salt
- 10g Sugar
- 7g Instant dry yeast
- 75ml Milk
- 120g Yoghurt
- Add bread flour in to a mixing bowl.
- Into that add sugar, yeast, egg, yoghurt, and salt and mix well.
- Add the milk and keep on kneading about 5 minutes. (Make sure to add the milk bit by bit as it can go soggy. If that happen add extra flour)
- After add the butter and keep on kneading another 15 minutes.
- Leave it in a warm place to double in size.
- When the dough is doubled in size , punch the dough down and put on to floured surface. Make sure to knead adding more flour until it comes to a dough that not sticking any more.
- Cut the dough in to equal size pieces and make balls as described in the video and leave in a small baking tray. (I used 6x6inch baking dish).Leave in a warm place to double in size.
- When it is double in size brush the tops of the buns with eggs or milk and bake on 180c about 15-20minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack or serve hot.