Lemons and limes are in season. I got this recipe from a workmate to try and I am sharing it with you all too. If you have tree full of lemon or lemons going cheap in the market try using them in a recipe like this.
I did a very small loaf and you can multiply it to a the size you like. You can freeze this cake with out a problem. To freeze use individual bags to store. So thawing becomes easy.
- 95g Self Raising Flour
- 110g Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Rind of one lemon
- 90ml Milk
- 30 ml Oil
- 1/2Tsp lemon juice for the loaf.
Ingredients for the Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 50g Sugar
- Add sugar and the egg in to a mixing bowl and mix until creamy.
- Next add lemon rind, milk and the flour.
- Add a tsp lemon juice and mix well.
- After pour the mixture in to the loaf pan and bake 30 minutes on 180C about 20-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Meanwhile do the syrup by adding sugar and lemon juice together. Bring to boil and leave on the lowest heat or switch off the stove.
- When the cake is out poke the cake and pour the hot syrup on to it and leave in the tray to cool down.