Butter cake is a popular cake in Sri Lanka. Its so simple and easy to make. I used to do this cake when I was 12 years old. Still I use the same recipe as usual. You can use this cake for birthday cakes and any cake that you want to decorate. It comes perfect. Any questions feel free to ask.
After doing more than 1250 recipes in YouTube I haven’t done this cake. I got so many request for this recipe recently. So I thought of sharing my secrets for a beautiful butter cake.
If you are a Novice cook remember these points please. First of all the butter has to be in room temperature. Using cold eggs will do no harm. If you are hand beating, the beating pattern should be the same.
- 125 g Plain flour
- 1 Teaspoon full baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 30 ml Milk
- 125 g Butter (In room temperature)
- 125 g Eggs (Weigh with out shells)
- 125 g Sugar (Adjust sugar to your liking)
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180 C .
- Grease a baking tray 6 x 3 inch.
- Add Butter and sugar in to a mixing bowl and whisk until sugar dissolves and creamy and pale in colour.
- After add the eggs one by one and mix well.
- Mix salt, baking powder and flour together.
- Lower the speed and add in to the egg mix and mix well.
- Add vanilla and mix well again.
- Pour the batter in to the prepared cake pan and bake on 180 c about 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack completely.