Baked cheese cakes are totally different to a no bake cheese cake. The taste is very nice and creamy and makes a nice special dessert. I should let you know several secrets to a perfect baked cheese cake.
In this I used sour cream. Its the best for a cheese cake. If you don’t use or cant find sour cream add whipping cream with 1 table of lemon juice for this amount. But try using sour cream for the best results.
Never over mix the ingredients. The base should be in fridge at least 30 minutes. The cheese cake should be in the oven with the oven door ajar until cools down completely. After make sure to put the cheese cake in fridge at least several hours to rest. Later cut and serve with cream or ice cream.
I used to do baklava always for functions as in a tray and cut in to diamond shaped tiles. Recently a work colleague brought baklava rolls. She has done a big batch for Ramadan. So I asked so many questions from her about the rolling pin that they use to make these beautiful rolls.
One day I went to Bunnings and got this roller and asked them to cut it for me. Using that I made these rolls for a friends retirement party.
For this recipe you will need 200 g pistachios with a cup of sugar to mix in. You need 250 grams butter too. Mix sugar and the crushed pistachios together.
The same time need another 1 cup sugar with 1 1/2 cup of water. Add the sugar in to a pot and add the water in to it and leave aside.
Melt the butter and get the rolling pin and a packet of filo pastry. Take one sheet out and cover the leftovers with a damp cloth.
Slightly butter the filo. Sprinkle the crushed pistachios on it.
Put the rolling pin on the corner and slightly roll it. Make sure not to give too much pressure.
Lay another pastry and brush butter only and roll with the rolled pastry with nuts.
After pressure from both ends and squeeze the sheets. Lay them on a baking tray.
Brush the rolls with butter And bake on 180 c about 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Meanwhile put the pot with sugar on the stove and add about a table spoon full lime or lemon juice.
Take the baked rolls, cut while hot to the desired size and pour the hot syrup onto the hot rolls and leave to absorb all the syrup. Leaving overnight is the best.
Serve with a cup of coffee.
Limes and lemons are season. Those who are having so many limes or lemons always try to do different types of recipes with them. This is one way of doing a simple lime slice.
In this you can always try adding lemon or lime juice or even another type of a citrus type. too. This will be a good idea for St. Patrick’s day too. I added a drop of green colour to this to give nicer and a brighter colour.
I loved this slice a lot. It has a unique tangy flavour to its own. You can add the colour of the citrus to give it a brighter look.
Date cookies are one of my favourites. Its a kind of a really gooey cookie. To get more taste I added coconut too. The combination is really good and you will love it for sure. The sugar I added is enough to my taste. Still you can omit the sugar totally from the recipe as the sugar in dates and honey is almost enough.
• 1 Egg
• 250g Dates
• 150g Self Raising flour
• 30ml Honey 1 Tsp Vanilla
• 30g Brown sugar
• 70g Butter
• 50g Desiccated coconut
• ¼ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda.
• Add all the ingredients except flour in to a food processor.
• Add flour and bicarb and mix again.
• Take out and use a scoop to measure the balls and bake on 180c about 20-30 minutes.
• Cool on a wire rack.
• Store in an air tight container.
Oreo Cookies one of my favourites. I love anything with Oreos. Sometimes I use them for the crust of cheese cakes or with the filling for cakes too. I made these scones for friend who rang to say she will be coming in few hours. Something simple to make for a quick baking too.
With out having the same scone try this one, I am sure you are going to love them. After serving her the leftovers I put in the oven for several minutes(4 minutes), then I switched off the oven and let it be there and it gave a nice cookie. Such a special treat. I love them too. So I served as a cookie for my family after.
- 400g Self raising Flour
- 50g Sugar
- 60g Butter
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 70ml Whipping cream
- Oreo Cookies 1 packet
- Add the flour , and butter in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- While mixing add the eggs vanilla, cream and sugar and mix well until it comes to a soft dough.
- After add flour on to the bench and knead adding the crushed Oreo cookies.
- After make a round dough
- Cut in to pieces as in video and bake 20 minutes on 180c.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Passionfruit is tropical fruit that contains lots of vitamins and minerals. Though it is sweet and tarty in flavour when you add in to sweets it gives the best flavour ever. Adding the seeds in to the dessert gives a beautiful look to a dessert too.
You can buy passion fruit as a pulp. But it contains a lot sugar. If you are mixing it in sweets make sure not to add lots of sugar. But if you are using fresh passionfruit make sure to add sugar. I used sweetened passionfruit in this recipe.
When selecting marshmallows for this recipe try buying one colour. Once I did with several colours and came out with another beautiful colour.
When you add the passionfruit on to the base and leave overnight it becomes softer and melt in the mouth. Make sure to put in fridge all the time and also you can cut and freeze the slice with out a problem.
For the Base
- 150g butter
- 60g Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 125g Plain flour
- 60g Self Raising flour
For the Topping
- 100g passionfruit pulp
- 200-250g Marshmallows
- 300ml Cream
- 50g Sugar
- 30ml Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Prepare a slice pan with a baking paper on for easy release.
- Add the butter, sugar, and vanilla in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- After add the flours and vanilla and mix well until all combines together.
- Press the dough and prick with a fork and bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile whip the cream and leave in the fridge.
- Next melt the marshmallows in a pot with all the other ingredients and leave to completely cool down,
- After add the marshmallows in to the whipped cream and mix well.
- Pour it on top of the cooled base and leave in fridge overnight.
- Cut according to the size that you like.
- Can freeze the left overs in individual bags.
I got this recipe from a friend and I did it ones to please a crowd. Its so nice and beautiful. Trust me ,Can keep on eating the whole slice with out a problem. This is a good idea for a brunch , high tea or a small party at home or for your weekly baking.
I love anything make of almonds. The rich look and creamier taste gives it unique flavour to it.
For the Base
- 90g Butter
- 90g Plain flour
- 40g Self Raising flour
- 1 Egg
For the Topping
- 2 Eggs
- 90g Butter
- 90g Sugar
- 175g Almond meal
- 50g Plan flour
- Mix sugar and butter until nice and creamy.
- After add the egg and whisk well.
- Lastly add the vanilla and the flour and mix well.
- Spread that on a baking pan with a wet spatula and leave aside.
- Next start doing the topping by adding butter and sugar and mix well.
- While whisking add the eggs into it. And whisk 2 minutes.
- After add the almond meal and the plain flour and mix well.
- Spread the Almond mix on the base you prepared earlier.
- Bake on 180c about 20 -30minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Cookie dough fudge is a simple and easy no bake and egg free recipe. So easy to make. Not only that you can always freeze them for future use.
When you have time try making the cookie dough balls and leave in fridge. Next you can make the chocolate layer in few minutes. This can be done with white chocolate and make cookie dough balls with dark or milk chocolate too.
This a simple and easy idea for school events , brunch, or even kids birthday parties.
Enjoy making them and share with some friends to have a coffee.
For the cookie Dough
- 60g Butter
- 65g Sugar
- 30ml Milk
- 100g Plain flour
- 75g Chocolate chips
For the fudge
- 300g Chocolate melts
- 50ml Condensed milk
- 40g Butter
- Extra chocolate chips
- Add sugar, butter in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Into that add vanilla and flour and mix well.
- Lastly add the chocolate chips and mix until it combines.
- After make balls and leave in fridge.
- Add condensed milk, chocolate, and add butter and melt in a pot on the stove.
- After pour it over the cookie dough balls and decorate with the left over chocolate.
- Put in fridge over night or until sets.
- Cut as you wish.
- Leave in fridge or freeze them to take out when you want.
I always copy cat food. When I go a cafe I always try to taste different styles of sweets. This style of slice I recently had in a cafe in Melbourne. It was $9.50. But make the whole slice that can cut in to 20 of the same size I had cost from $10-$15 when you make them at home. To tell you honestly it is 99% closer to the slice I had.
I reduced the level of sugar in my recipe. If are a sweet lover you can always increase the amount of sugar. But I think this is taste enough sugary as I shared with several friends .They loved it a lot. There comment was that it has enough sugar.
The other special thing about this slice is that you can freeze this too. I always freeze in snack bags. So when you want you can thaw them and have a coffee. You can leave in fridge about a week.
- 450g Plain flour
- 150g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 150g Sugar
- 21 tsp Vanilla
- 40ml Honey
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
For the Filling (Pudding)
- 950ml Milk
- 200 g Sugar
- 120g Plain Flour
- 200 g Butter
- 80g Corn Flour
- Salted caramel Essence
- Add the honey, sugar an butter in to a mixing bowl. Whisk it until pale in colour.
- After add the eggs one by one and whisk well.
- Next add the soda and the flours and keep on mixing untiil it comes to a consistency that you can roll.
- After put it on a baking paper and roll thi. You can use one large tray to bake at once or two small trays.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Cut ends. You need to have two layers.
- Add flours , sugar and mix well with adding milk until no lumps. Add vanilla or salted caramel.
- Cook until it thickens and cool completely.
- After put the base honey cake layer and put the pudding and spread evenly.
- After put the other layer and press gently.
- Leave in fridge overnight.
- Cut ends and cut in to bars.
- Enjoy with a coffee or serve as a snack or as a dessert.