Chicken drumstick curry is a flavour full dish that I really like. But when you cook drumsticks make sure to take off the skin off to avoid eating excess oil. To take the skin off is really easy. Release the skin downwards and then use a paper towel to drag down. That it comes off the leg easily. Cut across as shown in the picture for the flavours to go through the meat.
This curry is with out coconut milk. This is about 750g chicken drumsticks.
If you like more Sri Lankan dishes Click here.
Buy fresh chickenthighs, Take the skin off and cut across as shown in the picture.
- I used 2 tablespoon coriander powder with 1/2 tsp cumin powder ( Or use raw curry powder) and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp pepper and salt to the taste.
- Finely slice one onion, several cloves of garlic and about 1/2 an inch ginger. Chop one or two tomatoes, split several green chillies. Prepare several curry leaves, cinnamon, cardamon and cloves (Always adjust the spices to the taste)
Add the spice powders onto the chicken. Rub well and leave half an hour in fridge to absorb all the flavours.
- Prepare more spices. 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp raw curry powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp roasted curry powder.
- Add some oil in to a pan and leave to be hot.
- Add the cut herbs with onions to the oil.
- Cook Well.
- Add the spices in to the cooked spices.
- Stir well and let the spices cook and release the aromas.
- Add and pack the chicken on the cooked spices
- Add water and put the lid on.
Cook about 45 minutes on a low heat. Can keep gravy or cook until thick.