Mung beans / Green gram / Mung Ata/ curry is an easy curry to make. But it need to soak well before. Sometimes there are hard seeds that needs to be soaked more. Make sure to soak overnight. Soaking makes easy to cook.
If you like more Sri Lankan recipes click here.
This recipe is for 4-6 people.
- I am using 250g Mung beans.
- Add 2-3 cups of water and leave to soak overnight.
- Cut some onions, garlic and split several green chillies. Prepare several curry leaves and about 3 inches of cinnamon. (You can always add more green chillies to the curry if you like it hot., adding more chillie powder is not very good in this curry)
- Wash the Mung beans very well .
- Add the onions and prepared spices to the Mung beans. I added 1/2 tsp curry powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and 1/4 tsp chillie powder.
After add 1 cup of thick coconut milk with some salt. Salt always to your taste. Mix well and bring the coconut milk to the boil & simmer one minute.
Serve with plain rice.