The special taste and texture of chocolate attract everyone. The texture varies from brand to brand. So when you do this recipe try to get a good brand always. Most of the cooking chocolate get hard when melting.
This recipe is for the Valentines day. I got a request from one of my you tube fan to make some thing easy for this valentines day. So I thought of doing this elegant and decadent chocolates cups for you all.
making this is really simple and easy and it takes only few minutes. But the look of it gives a feeling of hours work. if you want to do this for a kids birthday party try with different kinds of sprinkle on it. They will love the colours. Also you can add colour to the cream mix too.
The other thing is you can always make the cups ahead and leave in fridge to use anytime. You can make a lot from a little amount of chocolate.
The recipe is below the pictures…………….
These tiny little bows are really yummy. They are not very sweet. Thats why added icing on top. They are just right to go with a nice cup of coffee.
When you make them make sure to pack them in air tight containers or in bags to keep them fresh and crispy. You can keep them for about one week . If you like it more sweeter add some sugar in to the mix.
- 280g Plain flour
- 70g Corn Flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. Sour cream
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 60g Butter
- 60ml Baileys Irish cream or fruit juice
- Add flours, butter, salt and mix well.
- While mixing add sour cream and egg yolks. Mix until all start combining.
- Next add the Irish cream and mix until a smooth dough ball forms.
- Divide the dough in to equal size pieces. Roll each dough piece in to a thin layer.
- Using a pasta cutter, or a knife cut in to strips.
- Then again cut across in to small rectangular shapes.
- Press ends to make a bow.
- Prepare and pack on a tray.
- Heat some oil in a pan or your deep fryer.
- When the oil is hot add a batch of bows in to it.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- After sprinkle some icing sugar on top.
- Serve with a coffee.
Chocolate Velvet Cake
- 125 g Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Cups Plain flour
- 1 tsp Bi carb
- 1/2 cup Water
- 160g Thickened Cream
- 1/2 of a Lemon
- 60g Cocoa Powder
For the Chocolate Glaze
- 120g Chocolate melts or cooking chocolate
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1/2 Cup icing sugar
- 65 g Butter
- Prepare a 9X12 inch tray.
- Preheat your oven to 180.
- Beat the sugars and Butter.
- Add eggs and cocoa powder.
- While mixing add the cream and the water
- And scrape down the sides of the bowl while mixing.
- Next add flour and baking soda.
- Mix it well. But make sure you donot over mix.
- Spread on the prepared tray.
- Bake 40-50 min untill the skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Then on a pot of simmering water , In a bowl mix all the ingredients for the glaze.
- Melt and leave to cool 10 min. Then put in the fridge for 20 min until comes to a thick consistency.
- Spread on the cake.
This was a very nice cake. I made this for my daughters birthday. I forgot to take a photo after cutting it. Her friends finished that even before 5 minutes. So nothing left to take a photo. :). I know the taste of the bite I got before she served her friends, That was divine. No wonder why they finished it so quickly.
Making this cake is super easy. To do the cake you don’t need a mixer. Its one bowl cake. Make sure to mix well. Instead of potato flour you can always use corn flour. Both flours work the same way giving a soft texture . Butter milk is expensive when you buy from the supermarket. Making your own saves money as well as stop worrying what to do next with the leftover butter milk. You make what you want only.
When you add make sure you get more sugar from it too. So feel free to adjust the level of sugar to your liking. As I added only 100g sugar only thats just good for my taste. Add more if you like it very sweet.
Cocoa powder comes in different forms. Dark, natural or light. I always use natural or dark to get the taste as well as the colour.The filling can be done as a normal butter cream or with the cream cheese filling like I did. Trust me the taste of the cheese and icing with the Oreo cookies makes it divine. The chunky cookie pieces are in every bite and make it so different from the other types of icing.
When baking cakes make sure to keep an eye always as different recipes cooks differently. Don’t let it burn. then it will go hard.
For the Cake
- 100g dark or milk cooking or baking chocolate
- 100g Butter
- 60ml Boiling water
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 90g Self Raising flour
- 60g Potato Flour or corn flour
- 90ml Milk + 1tsp Vinegar
- 185g Condensed milk
- 35g Cocoa Powder
- For the Filling
- 150 icing sugar
- 1 Tsps. Whipping cream
- 100g Butter
- 1 tap vanilla
- 1/2 slab cream cheese.
- 1-2 packets Oreo cookies.
For the Icing
- Half of mix left from the filling with out cookies
- More icing sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp. dark cocoa powder
- Into a bowl add the 60ml boiling water and add the chocolate and mix well .
- Next add the milk (Add vinegar Before) in to the chocolate and microwave or double boil it.
- After add the butter and whisk until the butter melts.
- Into a large mixing bowl sift the flours.
- Make a well in the centre and add the sugar & eggs. Mix.
- After add the cocoa mix and whisk until it get mixed.
- Next add the condensed milk In to it and mix.
- Pour in to the prepared cake pan and bake on 170c about 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan covered with a tea towel about 20minutes and after transfer on to a wire rack.
- After Cut the cake to two slabs.
- Add cream cheese , whipping cream in to a mixing bowl with vanilla and start whisking .
- Next add butter and whisk about 30 seconds and add the icing sugar little by little on a low speed and after start whisking on high.
- After take out and break the Oreo cookies in to half of the whipped cream and mix well.
- Leave the other half in the mixing bowl.
- Put the Oreo cream mix on to the base of the cake and spread it nice and even.
- Cover the cake with the other half. Press well. Leave in fridge.
- Into the other half of the whipped cream mix add more icing sugar and start whisking.
- In to that add 1-2 Tbsp. cocoa powder and keep on mixing until it comes to the consistency to spread and do the icing.
- Spread the icing to cover the cake. Leave in fridge. Take back and smoothen with more and the rest of the mix fill in to a piping bag.
- Pipe as you wish.
- Always leave this in fridge. (Can keep 3-4 day in fridge or can freeze with out a problem.
This chocolate cake is the most beautiful chocolate cake ever. So easy to make and its really comes well with a well flatten top to cut for layers.All you need is to cut the layer and fill with out worrying about cutting ends to flatten it.
This cake might look complicated but I have written very clearly with short description for easy understanding. When you do the sugar syrup you don’t need to add any alcohol at all. you can use only water.It give s a flavour to the cake to add more richness. If you are doing this for a kid omit it totally. Remember alcohol evaporates when cooking.
When you are doing the cake it can vary from my recipe. First measure eggs with the shells. Add same amount of flour, sugar and butter in to it. When you add cocoa take 50g flour out and add 50g cocoa in to it. That way still its the same amount as eggs.
Make syrup early and you can store in fridge. The cream layer the same. Do the ganache after spreading on cream and leave the ganache in fridge too.
You can do this cake and leave in fridge 3-4 days and freeze it about 3 months.Take out and leave in fridge to thaw.
The tray I am using is a deep one . If you haven’t got any try using the 2 or 3 same size trays. I have linked how to make self raising flour if you cant find any.
For the cake
- 340g Eggs
- 290g Self raising flour
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 340g Sugar
- 340g Butter
For the Filling
- 500ml Cream
- 200g Condensed Milk
- 40g Cocoa
For the sugar syrup
- 100g Sugar
- 40ml Rum/Brandy (Optional)
- 100ml Water
For the Ganache
- 250g Dark chocolate
- 150ml Cream
- Please read all what I have written on top first to get a clear idea.
- Line a deep tray (20cm) with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Add sugar and butter in to a mixing bowl and whisk well.
- After add eggs and vanilla.. Whisk well. (Until Pale in colour)
- After sift cocoa and self raising flour in to the bowl and mix on speed one.
- Pour on to the tray and bake on180c about 40 minutes – 1 hour.
- Leave the cake in tray and later transfer on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the sugar syrup by adding sugar and rum and water. Bring to boil and simmer several minutes. After take out and leave to cool down.
- When the cake is cool cut in to 3 layers.
- Make the ganache by adding hot cream to chocolate and then leave in fridge to set.
- Whip condensed milk cocoa and cream and leave in fridge until you are ready
- Apply sugar syrup on each sliced layer of the cake.
- Spread the whipped cream.
- Continue with last layer and put the cream on top and leave in fridge to set.
- Add the left over cream in to a piping bag and leave in fridge.
- Take the set cake and pour the chocolate over and use a spatula to cover around the cake and leave in fridge to set again.
- After pipe the left over chocolate cream on top.
- Make sure to leave in fridge.
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”1″ /][contact-field label=”Comment” type=”textarea” required=”1″ /][/contact-form]
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 110g Self raising flour
- 150g Sugar
- 160g Butter
- 50g Cocoa powder
- 100g Chocolate chips or nuts
- Melt the butter and let it cool down for few minutes.
- Add the sugar and vanilla . Whisk well.
- Add flour and cocoa after sifting. Mix well.
- Whisk the eggs well and add in to the batter . Whisk well.
- Pour in to a microwaveable dish.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- After cook for 30 seconds and open the door and check.
- If not do another 30 seconds.
- Leave in tray to cool down.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on top.
We find so many recipies include Oreo cookies as an ingredient these days. Kids love them I know. When I bring some for a recipe I have to hide them somewhere that my kids can’t find them.if not after I prepare everything Oreo goes missing. That happened to me so many times..
This recipe calls for only three ingredients and so simple and easy to make. I have made this for special afternoon teas and functions so many times and I can promise you that this work really well.
Only thing is when you melt the chocolate try not to over heat as it can go guey. The method for double broiling is to cook the chocolates in a bowl on simmering water until it melts. Good quality chocolates work really well in microwave too.
- 750g White chocolate melts
- 390 g Condensed Milk
- 4 Packets Oreo Cookies
- Melt the chocolate on a double broiler or even in microwave.
- Add a can of condensed milk in to the chocolate.
- Break the Oreos in to Small pieces.
- Mix with the white chocolate and the condensed milk.
- Pour in to the prepared pan.
- Decorate with the left over cookies.
- Place in fridge overnight or several hours until it sets.
- Cut as you wish.
- Can freeze for several months.
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 150g Caster Sugar
- Egg Whites
- 65g Butter
- 125ml Butter Milk
- Few drops of vanilla
- Beat the egg whites with few spoons of caster sugar until it comes to the soft peak.
- Transfer that to a seperate bowl.
- Add butter and sugar to the same bowl and whisk until pale and creamy.
- Add a few drops and vanilla and the flour and mix well.
- Add the beaten egg whites in to it. Fold it slowly.
- Pour the prepared batter into the tray.
- Bake on 180c about 30-40 min or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Do an icing or cream in the middle. Serve as a tea cake or as a dessert.
Bread and cheese are always nice together. When you cook cheese in it it is much nicer. When you have a party or even for a change try this recipe. So simple and easy to make. The other thing is you can bake it the day before. This is a very goo recipe for freezing too.
Selecting cheese for this recipe …… when you want to bake a bread like this always go for hard cheese like cheddar, parmesan etc….
I wanted prove this quickly and put it in a warm oven. (Even the chefs make mistakes .. Hah ha) . When I took out the cheese melted. No worries after baking I got the results I was expecting.
- 400g Bread flour
- 150ml Milk
- 100ml Oil
- 15g Sugar
- 5g Salt
- 7g Yeast
For the Filling
- 60g Butter
- 2 Tblsp Garlic powder or finely chopped fresh garlic
- 100g Mixed cheese (Hard Cheese)
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 Tblsp Sour Cream
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Mix all the filling ingredients and leave aside.
- Add bread flour, oil, sugar, yeast and salt into a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Start adding milk little by little until it forms a smooth dough. (Do not add milk at once )
- Leave to double in size in a greased bowl in a warm place covering with a damp tea towel.
- When the dough is ready take out and punch down.
- Sprinkle some flour on a bench and roll to rectangular shape.
- Spread the cheese mix on top.
- Roll the dough to a log.
- Cut in to triangles as directed in the video.
- Leave to double in size.
- Brush with eggs and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake on 180c about 20-30 min or until golden brown on top.