My hobby is baking and gardening . I love experimenting bread every weekend. Its spring here in Australia and that means I am baking bread again. In winter its hard to proof. But still I used the warm oven for proofing. So you can see more bread soon.
This bread sounds hard but very simple to make. Its worth putting the effort to bake this beautiful bread at least once. The bread is so light and soft. I prefer this just like the milk bread. So tasty with butter and jam. 🙂 Even you can use with savouries too.
This stays out two days with out a problem and also last about 4 days in fridge. Can freeze up to three months too. To get the softer crust add butter on top of the bread. Leave the bread covered with a clean tea towel about 5 minutes. You can get a glaze as well as a softer crust this way.
If you want to spoil yourself with more condensed milk add several spoons on to a slice of bread ………………. 😀 I did…..Yum…
Crazy dough bread is for those who doesn’t want to do bread for kneading longer. Crazy dough is for those who are not willing to bother about making a proper bread. That’s my honest idea. 🙂 Its so simple and easy to make. The bread is a bit heavy than normal bread. But really worth to know this in case of emergency when you run out of bread.
Those who want to make these beauties from plain flour add the same amount of flour with two teaspoon full baking powder. This bread comes out nice and fluffy and also in several minutes.
Add your own creativity to make this in different ways and enjoy making them.
Bread rolls are so easy to make with different styles of dough. I made these beautiful bread rolls from a recipe one of my friends passed to me from her grand mothers. Its so nice and beautiful in texture as well as stays in fridge for longer than a normal bread roll.
As I always says make sure to knead well and let the bread dough rest well for a better results.
This recipe is for a small quantity of Jam splits. These buns are so simple and easy to make as well as nicer in taste as well as the texture. These can be kept in fridge for several days and can freeze several months too. When you use jam for this make sure to use a good quality jam.
This is a copy cat recipe of a small snack size bun I found in a cafe. the oozing chocolate made this bun so tasty and a good combination for a hot cup of coffee.
The bread is so simple and easy to make as well as very soft in texture too. Use a good quality chocolate in the middle.
Chicken and leek bread rolls are a soft and moist bread that you can keep for 3 days in fridge or freeze in sandwich bags. So simple and easy to make too. As I always do baking I got more than 100 requests to do something savoury and this is for all who requested and like doing baking.
As this comes as a bread but divided too this saves time of making individual buns. I love to do baking but these days its winter in Australia and it takes too long to prove. But I can’t say no to those who asked me to do something different. You can save this as a finger food too for a party.
For the filling
- 1 smoked chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 1 leek finely sliced
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 onion finely sliced
For the dough
- 600g Bread flour
- 10g Instant dry yeast
- 10g Sugar
- 50g Butter
- 50ml Whipping cream
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 5g Salt
- 200ml water
- Whisk the eggs and pepper and add in to the cream cheese. Mix other ingredients and mix well. If you like to any other thing to the mix add anything as you wish. Leave in Fridge until finish with the dough.
- Add the flour, in to the mixing bowl and mix with sugar, salt and yeast.
- After adding the whipping cream and water mix well. After knead about 15 minutes until not sticking to the bowl. Put the prepared dough in to a bowl and leave in a warm place to double in size.
- When the dough is doubled in size put the dough on to the bench and cut in to two equal parts.
- Roll each part to a rectangular shape and spread the dough on each dough to cover the whole dough.
- Roll the dough to a log and cut as directed in the video.
- Leave again to double in size.
- Brush the dough with some eggs and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top. Bake on 180c about 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Gather everything close to you. if you are a daily sandwich user try preparing everything in small containers already prepared. Try putting absorbent papers under the tomatoes to drain excess liquid. Same can apply with cucumber. Avocado goes brown. Always cut them fresh. Lettuce needs to wash well to remove the mud off. Use a salad spinner to take the excess water out. Store well.
Spreads vary from person to person. You can use butter , margarine or can make with out any spread too. but the butter or margarine always keep it stopping becoming wet making a barrier on the bread. And also helps to give flavour as well as a crunchier crust when you toast them.
Meat always you choice. Sliced meat suits better than pulled meat in a sandwich. One thing is its easier to stack them. Even you can use the left overs from the roast.
As sandwich condiments you can use mayo, mustard, , pickles, relish, pesto etc………
Using the bread for a sandwich is up to you. I like dark breads or a mixer of white and dark together.You can stack the sandwich with several layers too. When I choose I always try to go for a better loaf or I make my own. Hope now you have a better Idea. So lets start…………..
Making these little flat breads are so easy and simple. You can do these in oven too. To do it in oven need to use a pizza stone. Then you can do these beautiful breads in oven.
The air bubbles start forming up when you start cooking them. Sometimes the bubbles can be huge. Still you need to cook both sides. or you can put under the grill to make it brown.
Enjoy with curry , a filling or even with jam and butter.
- 400g Plain flour
- 250ml Warm water
- 50ml water
- 10g Instant dry yeast.
- Activate your yeast by adding 10g yeast to 10g sugar with 30ml warm water .Leave 5 minutes aside. If the yeast is good it will start coming up.
- In to the flour, add activated yeast and mix well.
- After add the sat and water little by little make a soft dough.
- Leave the dough to double in size.
- After take the dough on to the bench and cut in to 8 parts.
- Make balls and leave 10minutes on the bench.
- After make small flat breads.
- Put some oil in to a pan and put the flat breads in and cook on a medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot.
Afghan Bolani bread is a traditional flat bread filled with vegetables . This can be served as a side dish or as a main dish. Bolani is a vegetarian and a vegan dish.