This is a simple salad a friend of mine made recently. While having it I copycat the recipe to share it with you all. It was slightly crunnchy and also had lots of flavours. You can make it to be sweet and spicy too.
This cauliflower salad can be served cold or just after the prep.
This recipe will serve 4-6 people.
Get one cauliflower head and cut in to florests. Blanch it in hot salted for few seconds to add some extra flavours. Stir fry some nuts to your liking until roasted. I used roasted pinenuts for this.
Other than that I used about 1/2 bunch chopped fresh parsley, one small red onion finely sliced, some red chillies sliced. Get some fresh sultana, salt &pepper, seveal squeezes of honey, and lemon juice to the taste.
In to a bowl add the chopped ingredients with slat, pepper,and honey. Chop the cauliflower in to small fine pieces and and put in to the bowl.
Later add the lemon juice.Then add the nuts. Mix well.
Leave in fridge. or serve as it is.
Cauliflower in a pancake batter makes a beautiful meal for a busy morning or a dinner. They are so simple to make. The meal will be ready less than 30 minutes. This is a budget recipe as well as a one pot meal. These beautiful pancakes can be left in fridge for 3 days and can freeze for future use. When you freeze make sure to store in individual bags.
Instead of using eggs you can add a banana or some flax meal too. So it will help to bind the ingredients together.
You can change the herbs always to liking.
The other pancakes I have uploaded
- spinach pancakes
- Zucchini Pancakes
- Egg and chive savoury pancakes
- How to make thin pancakes
- Rice and coconut pancakes
- Pancakes with a sweet coconut filling
Winter is the best time for using cauliflower and the broccoli. They look very fresh and appealing. Combine both together to make a budget one pot meal. If you are not a vegetarian add some bacon or pulled meat in to it to make a full meal. bake until nice golden brown.
This recipe will serve four people.Select fresh cauliflower and a broccoli head. Cut them in florets. Wash them well.
Prepare the ingredients needed.
- Slice the onions & garlic finely.
- You will need salt & pepper, 1 Tsp stock curry powder and a cup of shredded cheese, 20g butter, 3 table spoon full flour, 1 cup cream and a cup of milk.
- Lay the cauliflower and broccoli florets in a baking tray.
- Add the butter in to a pan.
- After add the onions in to a pan. Stir fry well.
- Next add any herb as you wish and stir fry the onions are translucent.
- When the onions are translucent add the flour
- Cook stirring continuously about 30 seconds.
- After add the milk little by little and stir well.
- After add the cream and stir until it thickens.
Add the cheese in and stir well. Add until it the sauce is thick..
Add the thick white cheese sauce on to the cauliflower and broccoli . Spread well.
Put it in the oven. Bake it on 200c about 20- 30 minutes.