Fried fish always tastes nicer. Fried fish can be done in different ways. This is one way of doing fish in a batter. When I was an an apprentice I got more than hundred pieces of fish to fry on Fridays. I loved to fry fish. Only thing I didn’t like was to stand near the fryer.
There are different types of fish that you can use for frying. Flathead is the best out of all. One thing is really easy to cook. The other is the flavour. Once fried its really nice and crunchy.
I am using 500 g Flathead for this recipe. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice on to the fish and mix well to season.
Add plain flour on to the fish and coat with flour. In a separate bowl Add 1 cup of flour and a bottle of beer . Mix the flour and beer well.
I always season the batter with a bit of stock powder.Then the batter tastes better. meanwhile mix the flour with the fish well.
Put a pot of oil on the stove. Put the fish in the batter. When you take it out make sure to drain excess batter out. Fry the fish in oil turning until golden brown .
Serve hot with chips.
This Recipe serves 4-6 people if you serve this as a main. As a side dish this can be served for 15 people. Its so simple and to easy make. This can be served as a side dish or even as a quick one pot meal. All you need to assemble several things together and bake few minutes
Here I used 1 can of kidney beans, chick peas, black eyed beans with hot tomato salsa and a table spoon full taco seasoning.
As I always all the meals should be very simple but tasty. You can serve this as a nice side dish or even part of a roast. All you want is some simple ingredients that you use in your day today life.
Make sure to preheat the oven to 200c – 250c to get best results.
- 11/4 Cup Oats
- 1 Cup plain Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup macadamia nuts
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 125g Buttre Softened
- 1 Cup Chocolate chips
- 1 cup to half a cup of sugar
- Process the until it comes to a flour consistency.
- Whisk Add butter and sugar.
- Add the egg
- salt, vanilla, flour, baking soda and baking powder in to it and mix well.
- Later and the macadamia nuts and chocolate chips and mix throughly.
- Make balls or use a scoop to get it to the same size.
- No need to flatten. It will flatten when baking
- Bake on 180c about 15-20minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before storing.
Chocolate Chip & Sunflower Seed Cookies
- 140g Butter
- 1 Tblsp vanilla
- 100g Sunflower seeds
- 1 Egg
- 100g Chocolate chips
- 2g Baking soda
- 75g Sugar
- 230g Self raising Flower
- Add sugar, Baking soda, and butter in to a mixing bowl and cream one min.
- Next add vanilla,Egg and flour And mix well.
- After add sunflower seed and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Make balls from the dough press them and bake on 180c about 20 min.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an air tight container.
Chocolate brownies are my daughters favourite. I make a big batch for her and leave in freezer to have when she wants. I pack individually i snack bags for the kids to take. She makes beautiful brownies too.
- 125g Butter
- 185g Dark Chocolate
- 2 Eggs
- 150g Milk Chocolate
- 200g White baking chips
- 130g Self raising flour
- 100g Sugar
- Add butter, and dark chocolate chips to melt in microwave or on the double broiler.
- Add the sugar, eggs, milk in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Next add flour.
- After add the chocolate (Milk & White).
- Mix well and pour in to a prepared dish and bake on 180c about 15-20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut and store in an air tight container.