Tiramisu is a beautifully layered Italian dessert, normally made with raw eggs in and as a custard. I did this with out eggs. One reason is it to give an idea for those who don’t consume eggs.
If you do not like to use liquor please don’t use any at all. Even this tastes beautiful with out eggs and liquor. Instead you can add pure vanilla paste to get more flavour.
All you need to remember is not to soak the cookies longer time. If you dip them longer it can break easily and will not get a nice layers like in my picture. When you leave it over night the flavours go through all the cookies and liquids get absorbed and becomes like at hick slice. I have friends who change the recipe and dip the cookies in drinking chocolate than in coffee. That way it gives a beautiful chocolate flavour to the slice.
Creativity is yours
- 250 Mascarpone
- 3 tbsps. Marsala/Rum (optional)
- 20g cocoa
- Savoiardi Sponge Finger
- 75g Sugar
- 300ml Coffee
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 300ml Whipping Cream
- Whip the cream with sugar until it reaches to the soft peak. Take out.
- In to the same bowl add the mascarpone cheese, vanilla, liquor, several spoons coffee and whisk several minutes.
- After add the whipped cream in to the mixing bowl. Mix well together.
- Dip the cookies in coffee.
- Spread a layer of mascarpone.
- Continue with several layers.
- Finally spread another layer of mascarpone and sprinkle some cocoa or grated chocolate.
- Leave in fridge overnight.
- Cut and serve with more cream or ice cream.
Some one can ask why you mix Toblerone in a slice with out having it on its own. This recipe is strong enough to break that argument. The mixture makes the Toblerone tastes nicer. The crunches in the Toblerone makes the slice taste better as well as the cocoa makes the Toblerone tastes much better.
This slice is so simple and easy to make in few minutes. You don’t need a machine to mix too. This is a mix and bake recipe.
- 75g Self raising flour
- 25g Plain Flour
- 25g cocoa
- 50g Chocolate
- 125g Butter
- 2 Toblerone
- 1 Egg
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 60ml Boiling Water
- Preheat the oven to 160c.
- Prepare a 6×6 inch cake pan.
- In to a microwaveable bowl add butter, boiling Water, and part of the Toblerone and heat until it melts.
- Sift the flours with cocoa.
- Beat the egg.
- In to the cocoa and flour mix add the melted ingredients and the egg and mix well.
- After add the sugar and mix about two minutes.
- Pour half of the mix and sprinkle the chocolate melts.
- Pour the other half on top.
- Break the Toblerone and press in to the batter.
- Bake about 20-30 min. , or until sets.
- Cool completely before cutting.
This was a very nice cake. I made this for my daughters birthday. I forgot to take a photo after cutting it. Her friends finished that even before 5 minutes. So nothing left to take a photo. :). I know the taste of the bite I got before she served her friends, That was divine. No wonder why they finished it so quickly.
Making this cake is super easy. To do the cake you don’t need a mixer. Its one bowl cake. Make sure to mix well. Instead of potato flour you can always use corn flour. Both flours work the same way giving a soft texture . Butter milk is expensive when you buy from the supermarket. Making your own saves money as well as stop worrying what to do next with the leftover butter milk. You make what you want only.
When you add make sure you get more sugar from it too. So feel free to adjust the level of sugar to your liking. As I added only 100g sugar only thats just good for my taste. Add more if you like it very sweet.
Cocoa powder comes in different forms. Dark, natural or light. I always use natural or dark to get the taste as well as the colour.The filling can be done as a normal butter cream or with the cream cheese filling like I did. Trust me the taste of the cheese and icing with the Oreo cookies makes it divine. The chunky cookie pieces are in every bite and make it so different from the other types of icing.
When baking cakes make sure to keep an eye always as different recipes cooks differently. Don’t let it burn. then it will go hard.
For the Cake
- 100g dark or milk cooking or baking chocolate
- 100g Butter
- 60ml Boiling water
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 90g Self Raising flour
- 60g Potato Flour or corn flour
- 90ml Milk + 1tsp Vinegar
- 185g Condensed milk
- 35g Cocoa Powder
- For the Filling
- 150 icing sugar
- 1 Tsps. Whipping cream
- 100g Butter
- 1 tap vanilla
- 1/2 slab cream cheese.
- 1-2 packets Oreo cookies.
For the Icing
- Half of mix left from the filling with out cookies
- More icing sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp. dark cocoa powder
- Into a bowl add the 60ml boiling water and add the chocolate and mix well .
- Next add the milk (Add vinegar Before) in to the chocolate and microwave or double boil it.
- After add the butter and whisk until the butter melts.
- Into a large mixing bowl sift the flours.
- Make a well in the centre and add the sugar & eggs. Mix.
- After add the cocoa mix and whisk until it get mixed.
- Next add the condensed milk In to it and mix.
- Pour in to the prepared cake pan and bake on 170c about 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan covered with a tea towel about 20minutes and after transfer on to a wire rack.
- After Cut the cake to two slabs.
- Add cream cheese , whipping cream in to a mixing bowl with vanilla and start whisking .
- Next add butter and whisk about 30 seconds and add the icing sugar little by little on a low speed and after start whisking on high.
- After take out and break the Oreo cookies in to half of the whipped cream and mix well.
- Leave the other half in the mixing bowl.
- Put the Oreo cream mix on to the base of the cake and spread it nice and even.
- Cover the cake with the other half. Press well. Leave in fridge.
- Into the other half of the whipped cream mix add more icing sugar and start whisking.
- In to that add 1-2 Tbsp. cocoa powder and keep on mixing until it comes to the consistency to spread and do the icing.
- Spread the icing to cover the cake. Leave in fridge. Take back and smoothen with more and the rest of the mix fill in to a piping bag.
- Pipe as you wish.
- Always leave this in fridge. (Can keep 3-4 day in fridge or can freeze with out a problem.